Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Day the Music Died....

I'm out of CD's !!

If you've already pre-ordered your copy of Made by Hand: Furniture Projects from the Unplugged Woodshop then with your pre-order you'll be getting a free copy of my last CD, Beyond Before. I recorded the CD the year before my son, Nelson was born. He's five now and having a child quickly changed my 'musical career' and I stopped touring and playing gigs and with that stopped promoting and selling copies of my CD. So as it goes I was left with a couple of boxes sitting in my basement collecting dust. When it was time to start the pre-orders for the book I decided it would be a great way to say thanks to everyone that ordered a copy from me directly and giving them a free copy. Well the response to my book has been quite overwhelming and needless to say I'm all out of CD's. 133 pre-orders! That's much more than I ever anticipated. I'm really thankful to everyone who has already ordered and for anyone still thinking about getting a copy ? I'm going to make a couple of 'custom book boxes' and anyone who pre-orders a book from this point until the release will have a chance to get a nice little wooden box. I'm not sure how much time I'll have to make them so I'm thinking for every 10 pre-orders I'll put those ten names in a hat and draw a winner. I think that would be pretty fair. I'll cover the extra shipping charges for the box so nothing will change as far as expense for the buyer. So again I'll say a big thank you to everyone who's helped me out over the past month, I'm flattered and excited to get your books in the mail...still expecting my shipment in early November.
Happy shavings!

6 comments:

  1. That's good news, Tom. I'm glad I ordered early :-) I'm glad pre-orders are going well. I think you're going to sell a BUNCH of copies of this book.

    Cheers --- Larry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the vote of confidence Larry.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same as Larry here! And cross my finger to get my name drawn for a box.
    How is the door going?
    David

    ReplyDelete
  4. David,
    Thanks for the comments-I'll post some pics of the finished door on the weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tom... make that 134 pre-orders.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Gary...I really appreciate the support. :)
    I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete